Wednesday 7 August 2013

Studio Week 2

In our first class i presented my three concepts for my chosen topic.  I picked arthritis as my accessibility issue, and i mainly concentrated on food packaging. They are as follows:



Feedback from Peers:
I spoke to Ryan Go about my three concepts, and he liked my second concept in particular. He said that if i incorporated a measuring instrument, or device into it, it would be better. He also liked the shape and idea that it would be a sift and dispenser at the same time. After talking to Ryan, i spoke to Raymond Tinyow about my concept direction, and he liked the last concept. However he pointed out that if i was designing for arthritic parents feeding children, there may not be a need for parents to open the container, and the kids could do it themselves.

Feedback from Mar:
Mar pointed out that my first concept was lacking innovation, as it has been done every year. After reviewing all my concepts, he suggested i concentrate on my last concept, however, redesign for a different product, as vitamin gummy's have actually been proven to cause tooth decay for children. He liked the idea of a 'secondary use' however suggested i focus on something more directed at arthritic patients in particular.

Other Tutor Session:
I sat through one of Scott's tutorial groups, and i listened to him suggest further research into our selected topics. He gave directional advice, giving student's links to youtube videos, and websites for good packaging designs. 

Plan for next week:
I have to do further research into arthritic medicine, and in particular, packaging that these patients struggle to open. I have to refine my concept to be child-proof as well, and design a form that would be both aesthetically pleasing and of practical use. That means that alternative closure mechanisms will need to be thought through, and i should also look into what materials my container would be made from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment