Monday 9 September 2013

Studio Week 7

Today was the first consultation with our new tutors for Project 2. My tutor was Tom, and i presented him with 3 ideas to do with my chosen brief for the RSA Student Awards: Innovation in giving or 
fundraising: how can we encourage people to be more generous with their time and money for good causes.
Feedback From Tutor:
Tom particularly liked the first two concepts, and said that out of the 3 they were the ones with the most "innovation", and i agreed. For my first concept, he suggested i look at ways i could activate sensors from the car: e.g. flashing of lights or beeping of horns. We talked over a couple ideas, but i realised i had to do some research to see if the technology would be advanced enough to do what i needed it to. Tom suggested that for my second concept, instead of putting it in a public place such as shopping centres, i should consider implementing this into places such as the airport. But he liked the consideration that the money could go towards different charities, and donation boxes would be placed in multiple areas along the escalator.

Feedback From Peers:
I talked to Christina Le about my designs, and she liked the concepts, however was worried if maybe working the etag with one hand might be dangerous whilst driving. I also talked to Max Glanville about my designs, and he took a particular liking to my first one. He said i should include a 'fun' factor into donating, by possible uses of a billboard.

Other Tutor Session:
I listened in on Mar speaking with some of his students, and he suggested that a lot the ideas had been done previously. He said that we needed to think of more innovative ways to conduct our project, and suggested we get inspiration from what has already been done, and what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment